Ms. Mott's Class
Science Syllabus Outline
Mott: Semester 1: Tuesday 3:45 – 4:15
Semester 2: Tuesday Lunch
- O’BRYAN Monday 3:45 – 4:15
- Sabol : Tuesday 7:50 - 8:20
STUDENTS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND ANY OF THE STUDY SESSIONS.
- Parents can access real-time grades and attendance on the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus by logging on to:https://ic.adams12.org/campus/portal/adams12.jsp Come to the school main office to obtain login information.
- We will return phone calls and/or emails within 24 – 48 hours.
- If a student is not performing to his/her ability we will:
- Contact a parent/guardian by phone or email if a student is not demonstrating appropriate progress towards the standard(s).
- Contact a parent/guardian by phone or email if student has unacceptable behavior that is either impeding his/her learning or causing undo disruption to the class.
Offer interventions that may include:
- Study sessions
- Reteach and retest opportunities
Students should be respectful of themselves, others and property
- Students will be given 3 redirections
- If the behavior is not resolved, students will be asked to reflect with a problem solve sheet in another classroom.
- Upon returning, student and teacher will have a conversation.
If classwork is not completed in class, students are expected to take it home and return it the next day.
- Homework is usually classwork that students don’t finish in class. Please check the homework calendar.
- Students who arrive late to class will be marked tardy.
- On the fifth tardy students will be on step three of behavior intervention. (Problem solve sheet)
- The fourth tardy will place students at step four of behavior intervention. (Call home and detention)
4 – Exceeds Standard
- 3 – Meets Standard
- 2 – Approaching Standard
- 1 – Below Standard
SCIENCE will report out on the following criteria:
- Criteria 1- Science Practices
- Criteria 2- Life Science
- Criteria 3- Physical Science
- Criteria 4- Earth Science
7 th Grade students will only receive grades in Science Practice, Life Science, and Earth Science. 7 th Grade students will NOT receive a grade for Physical Science as it will not be covered in 7 th Grade.
- Proficiency levels must be based solely on the achievement of standards. Factors such as growth, attendance, behavior and attitude will be reported separately.
- Teacher’s use professional judgment to determine student proficiency levels using evidence of students’ performance from standards based assessments. Grades, then, are not the results of the average of all assignments.
- Cooperative Assignments--When students are working on a group project, each student will receive an individual score based on his or her demonstrated proficiency level.
TIMELINE OF LEARNING FOR ( Science )
- Science Unit - Timeline
- Geologic Time - August – September
- Cells - October - November
- Human Body Systems - December - February
- Genetics - February - March
- Natural and Artificial Selection - April
- Changes in Life Over Time - April - May
7th Grade Science Supplies
- 1 pkg. of pens
- 1 pkg. of pencils
- 1 hand-held pencil sharpener
- 2 Composition Books
- 1 pkg. colored pencils or markers
- Rolls of tape or glue stick
- 1 pocket folder
- Clorox cleaning wipes