6th Grade University of Denver Core
We are pleased to welcome your child to our classes! We look forward to an exciting and rewarding year. Research shows that children experience more success in school when parents/guardians show an interest in their child’s schoolwork.
In order to provide your child with the excellent educational atmosphere they deserve, we have developed the policies in this packet. Please read the policies carefully and refer to them throughout the school year.
We’re looking forward to a great year!
The Sixth Grade Teachers of the University of Denver core
6th Grade Support Staff
- Jenna Blockhus, Speech/Language
- Kate Edwards, Affective Needs
- Stephanie Frano Val Place, ELL Specialist
- Amanda Tuominen, Learning Specialist
- Meghan Welsh, Counselor
- Your student’s teacher will return phone calls or emails within 48 hours.
- Information about grades will be provided in yourInfinite Campus Portal Account.
Homework will be provided per teacher discretion, based on support that students need. Please subscribe to the appropriate teacher’s homework calendar, to be alerted to assignments and homework that is assigned.
- Multiple Times per Week - Language Arts
- Multiple Times per Week – Math
- Tuesday – Science
- Thursday – Social Studies
- Monday – Language Arts during lunch or after school
- Tuesday – Science during lunch or after school
- Wednesday – Math during lunch
- Thursday – Social Studies during lunch
Staying after school or coming in early
Teachers may to ask students to stay after school or come in early for make up work, incomplete work, or as a disciplinary measure. Students will be allowed one day to arrange transportation. Athletic practice, club meetings, etc. are not reasons to be excused from staying after or coming in early to school. This is your student’s opportunity to re-take assessments, make up labs, experiments, and other important tasks. It is the student’s responsibility to notify their parents of any necessary requirements for them to stay after school.
Communication of assignments
- Students are expected to copy homework assignments and other due dates into their NGMS planner daily.
- Please subscribe to the teachers’ homework calendars. This will help you to receive information in a timely manner
Your child is your most valuable resource for information. In addition, the following resources are available:
- https://sites.google.com/a/adams12.org/northglenn-middle-school/ Information such as curriculum pacing and standards, and other core information can be found at this website.
- Parents/Guardians have access to their student’s current grades and attendance through the Infinite Campus website. Please sign up for an account if you have not already done so.
S.O.S. (Second Opportunity for Success)
S.O.S. (Second Opportunity for Success) is for students who did not complete their homework on time. Students will have one extra day to complete the homework. If they do not get it done, they will be unprepared to participate in vital learning.