Ms. Shaffer's Class
UNC Tar Heels Math Classes
STUDY SESSION: Thursdays (7:45 - 8:15 & 3:45 - 4:25) or by appt.
Math Homework Policy
- Amount of Homework to expect each night = 20-30 minutes
- Homework is a means for students to practice their learning and therefore will not be utilized when determining a student’s proficiency level. Students will receive feedback on their homework and completion of it will be monitored.
- If a student works on homework for more than 45 minutes, they should bring a list of questions and evidence of their attempted work.
- No late homework will be accepted after the next unit test is given.
Online Textbook Access Directions
Student Access : Students also have access to the Big Ideas online materials. Students access the site by following the steps,
- Go to www.clever.com/in/ad12portal
- Click on Students: Grades 6-8
- If you are logged into your Adams 12 Google, you will automatically be logged into Clever. (Skip to Step 7)
- If you are not logged into Google, you will be taken to a generic Google login page.
- Enter your entire email address including the adams12.org using your universal username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This will take you to the Adams 12 Google login. Enter your universal username and password.
- The first time you log into Clever only, it will ask your permission to access your Google Account. Click on Allow.
- Click on the Big Ideas logo. You will now be in Big Ideas.
Internet Browser : Big Ideas Online access works best with Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Big Ideas is no longer supporting Internet Explorer and there are significant 'bugs' when using the Internet Explorer browser.