7th Grade Metro State University Core
Math Homework Policy
- Amount of Homework to expect is 60 minutes, 2 time per week
- Homework will be assigned on Tuesday and due Friday
- Students who have not completed the assigned homework by Friday each week will call home to notify their gaurdian
- Homework is a means for students to practice their learning and therefore will not be utilized when determining a student’s proficiency level. Students will receive feedback on their homework and completion of it will be monitored.
- If a student works on homework for more than 45 minutes, they should bring a list of questions and evidence of their attempted work.
- No late homework will be accepted after the next unit test is given.
Language Arts Homework Policy
In Language Arts, the expectation is that you are reading every night. I expect you to be reading about 30 minutes a night, 4 nights a week, Monday through Thursday. A parent/guardian's signature is required for homework to be graded, and is due on Friday.
Science Homework Policy
Homework for science will vary. Usually there will not be science homework assigned, unless the student has not finished their assignment in class or extra practice is deemed necessary. If the students are being responsible for their learning in science class, they should not have additional homework.
Social Studies Homework Policy
Homework for social studies will vary. Usually there will not be science homework assigned, unless the student has not finished their assignment in class or extra practice is deemed necessary. If the students are being responsible for their learning in social studies class, they should not have additional homework.
- Math and Science: Monday Lunch: 11:52-12:23
- Language Arts and Social Studies: Thursdays Lunch: 11:52-12:23
- 1st Tardy - Lost of passing period
- 2nd Tardy - Lunch Detention
- 3rd Tardy - Phone Call Home
- 4th Tardy - Office Referral