8th Grade University of North Carolina Core
UNC Core Expectations
Whole School Bell Schedule: https://docs.google.com/document/d/198KAF4vSG52AhWahWh-rhNJm41Kbr7Zv/edit
- Math - Mr. Hartman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Language Arts - Mrs. Dunning: email@example.com
- Science - Ms. Dawson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Studies - Mr. Williamson: email@example.com
- ELD - Ms. Petruff: firstname.lastname@example.org
All emails will be returned within 24-48 hours.
- Mr. Williamson - Tuesdays 4:15 - 4:45
- Mr. Hartman - Thursdays 4:15 - 4:45
- Ms. Dawson - Tuesdays at Lunch
- Ms. Petruff - Thursdays at Lunch
- Mrs. Dunning - Thursdays at Lunch
All unfinished classwork will be assigned for homework due the next day.
Online Materials and Resources
Your Core courses will function in three main platforms. Refer to their individual web pages and Schoology courses for further resources and directions.
Adams 12 Schoology: This is the website where students will do most or perhaps all of their assignments. They can type directly into Schoology, upload documents, or participate in class discussions and polls. This is also where students will access videos and Google Meet chat rooms to interact with their teachers and peers. Students will use their assigned Adams 12 school I.D. and password to log into this platform. https://adams12.schoology.comCommunicate with your teachers about absences and where to locate work if/when you are absent.
Infinite Campus: Per usual, this will be the website where students and parents/legal guardians can access grades to assess performance and progress. https://ic.adams12.org/campus/portal/adams12.jsp
Attendance will be taken every period for students.
Classroom Expectations for Behavior
YOUR CHROMEBOOK MUST BE CHARGED AND READY FOR CLASS DAILY!
NGMS dress code will be enforced. Inappropriate (clothes with bad words, images, etc. on them) clothing will not be tolerated.
Profanity (bad words), racial slurs, or any other derogatory language/physical gestures will not be tolerated either. In other words, expectations for behavior will remain high.
Cell phone and headphone policy will be decided by individual teachers. If the policy is not followed, consequences will include:
- verbal warning
taken for class period and returned at end of period and phone call home
- refusal to hand over the phone will result in dismissed to office
- taken for day and returned in office and phone call home
- 1st Tardy - Verbal Warning
- 2nd Tardy - Phone call / email home
- 3rd Tardy - Phone call / email home
- 4th Tardy - Office Referral
Student/Parent Technology Assistance and Resources
Use this link for online or technological assistance: https://familytechsupport.adams12.org/hc/en-us
Login and password support (English): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vlTnLUhHhnBEZWd3OSE-FTqKPiDV4o1KUdr7XputzBc/edit#heading=h.fj4ibfpwtel6
Login and password support (Spanish): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1esRzOaY5GmJzXoro56ElsknHKf3RH1dlntRN1Zq_UdY/edit?ts=5f3aef42