As the Student Achievement Coach (SAC), I am thrilled for the opportunity to learn, work, and grow alongside my teachers in order to support the important work they do with our students. I am a lifelong learner who supports teachers both inside and outside of the classroom.
I believe the teacher is the single most important person in the classroom. It is for that reason that I take the responsibility of providing support and guidance very seriously. Below is a description of my role as the SAC coach, a few of my foundational beliefs, and some learning experiences that I offer.
Role of the SAC
- Facilitate professional learning
- Facilitate/support planning processes outlined by the Teaching and Learning Cycle
- Facilitate/support the New Teacher Program (GROW Group)
- Provide and facilitate job embedded learning experiences
- Coach teachers on instructional practices (i.e.-The Workshop Approach)
- Resource for Colorado Academic Standards and district units of study
- We get smarter together; none of us can do it alone.
- Reflection breeds learning.
- Teaching is an incredibly complex endeavor, but there are always ways to get better for students.
- Whoever is doing the reading, writing, and talking is doing the thinking.
- We must know our learners deeply.
- Coaching Cycles
- Modeling, co-teaching, observation
- Demonstration classroom observation/work
- Learning Labs
- Professional Learning Communities
- Field work: Observations/PD offsite